Wednesday 15 January 2014

Pre-finished Solid Timber V's Un-Finished solid timber

Right from the start we have always wanted solid timber floors, I am not a fan of tiles and I have never really liked carpet that much either.

So when faced with the question would you like Pre-finished solid timber my head started spinning! I had never heard of it, I just assumed that you could only buy the raw timber and get it sanded and polished onsite.

Obviously we have got quotes and it is a good price however is it as good a product? I don't know I can't find any arguments through google that say its completely awful or better than the traditional method. from what I can gather the only thing different is the beveled edges and the fact it is sanded and polished in a factory, and it's not enough to sway me one way or the other.

We are off to research some more today by visiting several more flooring places and hopefully we will have a clear cut decision sometime soon.


Here are a couple of photo's that I found

Pre-finished spotted gum solid timber

Solid timber spotted gum raw and polished onsite

No comments:

Post a Comment