Thursday 9 January 2014

Waiting for our Contracts…….exciting!

Not a lot to report, we have signed off on our colours after making a few tweaks and filled out the paperwork for the council, we have decided on who will do our demolition and cut down our trees (more council paperwork to be filled out) we are also in the process of sorting our landscape plan and now we are waiting on our contract hopefully ready by the end of next week!

I am aware that our local council is a little slow when signing off on paperwork but I really do hope that it doesn't take too long I am now ready (well almost …Still have a house of stuff to sort, throw out and pack, and to find a place to live!)

We still need to get an official quote for the floorboards which is difficult when no one will tell us how many square metres of floor we will have left after taking off the wet areas (So far this is the only thing that has annoyed me, I am not sure what the big deal is and why MDJ won't tell us …rant over!) of course we can take the plans to our floor guy and he should be able to estimate it, but it would be much easier if we already knew!

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and New year, Being in the industry that I am in I worked over the holiday break and am now officially on holidays for a couple of weeks (Yay) so will have plenty of time to get myself organised and up to date with paper work, and spend some quality time yelling at the kids (just kidding I am sure we will do some fun stuff too)

here is hoping that our paperwork will be into council before the end of the month!






2 comments:

  1. Hi there,
    you can use sweet home 3d for the calculation.

    http://www.sweethome3d.com/

    Sweet Home 3D is a free interior design application
    that helps you draw the plan of your house, arrange furniture on it and visit the results in 3D

    Greetings from germany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gefion,
      thank you I will definitely go and have a look
      :)

      Delete